Yeats Country Pancakes with Citrus Syrup
A real treat - warm pancakes fresh off the pan.
- 250ml - 300ml Milk
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 60g Castor Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Castor Sugar
- 75ml Water
- 1 Lemon or Orange or Lime
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl. Beat eggs & milk.
- Make a 'well' in the flour & gradually add liquid stirring continually to avoid lumping.
- Spoon into greased pan - not too hot, cook for 1 - 2 mins each side.
- Keep warm until serving.
- To prepare the syrup, bring water & sugar to the boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until a pouring sauce consistency is achieved, add the zest and juice of your chosen citrus fruit.
Serve pancakes immediately with the citrus syrup on the side.