Stuffed Roast Breast of Chicken with Roast Vegetables and Yeats Country Cream Cheese Sauce
A great main course dish for any dinner party or Sunday lunch.
- 4 Breasts of Corn-Fed Chicken (or normal chicken breasts)
- 100g Roast Vegetables with Basil and Balsamic Vinegar
- 100g Stale White Bread
- 50g Butter
- 1/3 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 30g Chopped Olives (optional)
- 1 Bunch of Soft Green Herbs, Parsley, Basil, Chervil
- 30g Yeats Country Cream Cheese
- 25g Butter
- 25g Flour
- 1/2 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 100ml Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grain Mustard (optional)
- Blend the herbs and bread together to make 'green' breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter and cook the onions and olives - do not brown. Add the crumbs and seasoning and allow to cool.
- Stuff the breasts by making a 'pocket slit', divide the mix and press into the opening.
- Brown the outside in hot oil and finish in a moderate oven (160C/325F/Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes.
- Make a roux with the butter, flour and garlic (melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour and crushed garlic).
- Stir in the milk and cook for approx. 10 mins to a light sauce consistency. Stir in Yeats Country Cream Cheese and finely chopped herbs.
Serve with roasted vegetables, garnish with the Yeats Country Cream Cheese sauce.
This Stuffed Roast Breast of Chicken with Roast Vegetables and Yeats Country Cream Cheese Sauce recipe uses the following ingredients from our range: