Chicken Curry with Yeats Country Creme Fraiche
You just can't beat a Friday night curry night. Here's our version of the popular dish.
- 1 Whole Chicken, jointed into 8 pieces or individual chicken portions/fillets
- 75g Yeats Country Organic Crème Fraiche
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- 1 Carrot, Leek, Celery Stick - Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic - Crushed
- 50g Flour
- 25g Desiccated Coconut
- 50g Curry Paste
- 50g Sultanas
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 1 Apple - Diced
- 1 tsp each of Dried Cumin, Coriander & Cinnamon
- 2 dtsp Tomato Puree
- Olive Oil
- Chop onion, carrot, leek and celery. Crush peeled garlic.
- In a heavy based saucepan fry off the chicken pieces in olive oil to brown.
- Add curry paste & spices, onion & garlic, stir and continue to cook for approx. 5 mins.
- Add the flour while stirring over the heat - to make a roux.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 1- 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving stir in the Yeats Country Créme Fraiche.
Serve with steamed rice or creamed potato.
This Chicken Curry with Yeats Country Creme Fraiche recipe uses the following ingredients from our range: