Baked Smoked Haddock, Yeats Country Cream Cheese Sauce & Scallion Mash
A great main course dish for any dinner party or Sunday lunch.
- 4 x 150g Smoked Haddock Steak Portion
- 150g Yeats Country Cream Cheese
- Little Melted Butter
- 50g Butter
- 50g Flour
- Bunch of scallions/spring onions
- Seasonal potatoes
- Grease an oven proof dish, brush the fish with melted butter.
- Take the fish and sprinkle with black pepper and place in the dish. Pour in enough milk to cover the fish.
- Bake in a medium oven (170C/325F/Gas Mark 4) for 12-15 minutes - until the fish is soft to touch.
- While the fish is cooking start the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour. Keep on a low heat for approx. 5 mins. continually stirring. This is now a 'roux' - the basis of many sauces.
- Also prepare some scallion mash.
- When the fish is cooked gradually spoon off the 'cooking' milk into the roux while stirring. Tip, hold back some of the liquid to adjust the consistency of the sauce later.
- Return the fish to the oven to keep hot.
- Cook the sauce for a further 5 mins, by which time a sauce consistency should be achieved - adjust as necessary.
- Finally fold in the Yeats Country Cream Cheese - approx. 50ml per person.
Divide the potato between the plates, place the fish on top and pour the sauce around.
This Baked Smoked Haddock, Yeats Country Cream Cheese Sauce & Scallion Mash recipe uses the following ingredients from our range: